Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
State Library of Iowa

Luehsen Building 2018

Title

Luehsen Building 2018

Description

In 1800 this building housed a furniture store, post office area and undertaking establishment owned by Henry Luehsen. His son Marvin, operated the business for a short time before selling to Bill Dickman. Later the business was sold to Ray Tuecke. Cornelius Tuecke purchased the business in 1955 and operated there till 1958. A new funeral home was then built on East Watson Street.
When looking at the building you can see the original outline of where the original building started when it started out as the Lueshen - Kuenzel Store.
This building is located on the corner of Main Street (Hwy 52) and Van Buren Street in Garnavillo, Iowa.

Publisher

wolter

Date

1800-2018

Rights

This digital image may be used for educational purposes as long as it is not altered in anyway. No commercial reproduction or distribution of this file is permitted.

Format

Photo

Type

still image

Original Format

photo

File Name

luehsenBldg2018.jpg

Digital item created

2018 Wolter