After the 1916 fire, Penn College was relocated to forty acres of land to the north, given to the College by Charles and Albert Johnson in 1898. The new location provided an extensive campus for the college. This is the back campus north of Penn Hall that was used from many campus outdoor celebrations including Penn Day, the passing of the P to the freshman class and May Day.
Gates and Campus Box 4
William Penn University; Wilcox Library Digital Archives