This is the front entrance to the Chemical Engineering Building, which was renamed Sweeney Hall in 1964.
Iowa State University first offered chemical engineering courses in 1909. The Department of Mining Engineering, Ceramics, and Chemical Engineering was established in 1913. The Department of Chemical Engineering became a separate department in 1920 and under went numerous name changes over the years, which include the Department of Chemical Engineering (1920-1928, 1956-1973, 1978-2005), Department of Chemical and Mining Engineering (1928-1956), Department of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering (1973-1978), and Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering (2005-present).
Dean, Iowa State University
Iowa State University Library Special Collections: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/index.html
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections email@example.com For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
University Photographs; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/collections/images.html
9.3 x 11.7 cm