Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
State Library of Iowa

Agricultural Experiment Station cattle

Agricultural Experiment Station cattle

Title

Agricultural Experiment Station cattle

Description

Six cows are standing in front of a wooden fence. A barn surrounded by trees and other cattle are on the other side of the fence.
The Agricultural Experiment Station began at the Iowa Agricultural College and Model Farm (now Iowa State University) as a result of the Hatch Act of 1887 and an act passed by the Iowa General Assembly in 1888. The purpose of the station is to conduct research relating to agriculture and associated disciplines and to disseminate that information. The name of the station was changed in in 1957 to Agricultural and Home Economics Experiment Station and again in 1966 to Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station.

Creator

Iowa State University

Source

09-02-N.IAHEES.533-06-02

Publisher

Iowa State University Library Special Collections: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/index.html

Date

n.d.
2012-06

Rights

U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections archives@iastate.edu For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html

Relation

University Photographs; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/collections/images.html

Format

Photograph
18.1 x 24.0 cm

Type

Image
Image

Identifier

09-02-N.IAHEES.533-06-02
http://cdm16001.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15031coll15/id/1205