A worker pours seed corn from a sack into a container mounted on the back of a John Deere corn planter.
The Agricultural Experiment Station began at the Iowa Agricultural College and Model Farm (now Iowa State University) as a result of the Hatch Act of 1887 and an act passed by the Iowa General Assembly in 1888. The purpose of the station is to conduct research relating to agriculture and associated disciplines and to disseminate that information. The name of the station was changed in in 1957 to Agricultural and Home Economics Experiment Station and again in 1966 to Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station.
Iowa State University
Iowa State University Library Special Collections: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/index.html
U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. For permission to use the digital image, please contact Iowa State University Library, Special Collections firstname.lastname@example.org For reproductions see: http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/services/photfees.html
University Photographs; http://www.add.lib.iastate.edu/spcl/collections/images.html
9.1 x 11.4 cm