Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
State Library of Iowa

Law students gathered around radio in Law Commons, the University of Iowa, 1948

Law students gathered around radio in Law Commons, the University of Iowa, 1948

Title

Law students gathered around radio in Law Commons, the University of Iowa, 1948

Description

Law Commons, built in 1935, was originally a dormitory for law students. In 1960 it became home to the College of Law and later was called the International Center after the new Boyd Law Building opened. The old building was later demolished to make way for a new building for the College of Public Health.

Creator

Kent, Frederick W. (Frederick Wallace), 1894-1984

Publisher

University of Iowa. Libraries. University Archives

Date

1948
2011-03-21

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given. U.S. and international copyright laws may protect this digital object. Commercial use or distribution of the object is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder.

Relation

Iowa City Town and Campus
Scenes
Frederick W. Kent Collection of Photographs, 1866-2000
http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/collguides/?RG30.0001.01
Prints
Buildings
Law Commons
Law Commons
Scanned with Ricoh Aficio 3228C @ 600 ppi. Master image saved in TIFF format

Type

Still image
Photographs
jpeg

Identifier

RG30.0001.01
bldgs88-0007.jpg
http://128.255.22.135/cdm/ref/collection/ictcs/id/17661