State Library of Iowa
Copyright and Ownership
Welcome to the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Collection Development Policy
Digitization Resources for participants in the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Omeka Directions: Adding Items to Omeka
Steps to Participation
Dublin Core and Item Type Metadata descriptions
Required Dublin Core Fields for Items
Browse Items (62021 total)
Browse by Tag
Little Brown Church in the Vale, Bradford Congregational Church known as the "Little Brown Church in the Vale" located 2 miles northeast of Nashua, Iowa, July 12, 1924
Illinoian gumbotil plain, Fort Madison, Iowa, June 21, 1924
Located in Washington Twp., S.E. quarter Section 33. Photographed from the edge of bluffs above Fort Madison.
Kansan gumbotil covered with Iowan till with background of Iowan constructional topography; Windsor Township, Iowa, July 10, 1924
View looking southeast of Section 16.
Kansan gumbotil, soil, and Iowan till, Wayne Township, Iowa, July 8, 1924
Located in Wayne Twp. near middle of north line of Section 30 looking east.
Illinoian gumbotil plain in foreground, level upland beyond Mississippi River, Washington Township, Iowa, June 21, 1924
View from north of Mississippi River in Washington Twp., S.E. quarter Section 33.
Kansan till, loess and Wisconsin till, Cass Township, Iowa, July 18, 1924
Located in Cass Twp. in the middle of north line of south Section 6 just west of Panora.
Kansan till and gumbotil with Illinoian till above on the back of Gus Miller's farm, Washington Township, June 21, 1924
Located in Washington Twp. southeast corner Section 28.
Nebraskan gumbotil with till above (Kansan) and till below, concretions below and pebbles above mark the gumbotil, Poe Township, Iowa, July 25, 1924
Located in Poe Twp., looking north just east of Sections 2, 3, 10, 11.
Nebraskan till, Nebraskan gumbotil and Kansan till, Douglas Township, July 24, 1924
Located in Douglas Twp., near middle of line between Sections 28 & 33.
Pebble band on Iowan till, Fremont Township, Iowa, July 8, 1924
Located in the middle of line between Sections 1 and 2 in Fremont Township.