The Mule Creek Watershed was started in 1949 for flood prevention and for maintenance of the stabilizing and sediment control structures located on private lands. Gully erosion and/or valley trenching was common and was a serious problem in the…
This is a page from the collection "Bicentennial Reflections: History of Des Moines Public Schools, 1876-1976" by Dr. Robert R. Denny, published by the Des Moines Public Schools in Des Moines, Iowa in 1976.
Above: Juanita Monholland,
Below: C. J. Williams, Director
Rt. Rev. Msgr. Sebastian G. Menke, President of Saint Ambrose College. Rev. Joseph E. Kokjohn, Vice-president
Rev. Frederick J. …
Rock Island, Illinois
The Mills County Flood Control Committee has called a meeting to petition that the Missouri Valley Flood Control Report be submitted to Congress at once. In recent years, farmers had suffered heavy agricultural losses from floods that had eroded…