This photo shows a house on Des Moines Street that partially blocks the view of the back side of the Historical Building. You can also see the top part of the Capitol to the right and south of the Historical Building.
SIX CAREERS TOTAL 170 YEARS OF SERVICE
The '67 Oaks is here dedicated to six members of the St.
Ambrose College faculty family who have distinguished
themselves by their years of scholarly labor on this campus.
Humility is defined as a modest sense…
This is a photo taken by a high school boy of the interior of the library in the spring of 1939. The gentleman seated at the table in the middle is Mr. Robert Wilson, a library board member at the time.
This is a page from the collection "Bicentennial Reflections: History of Des Moines Public Schools, 1876-1976" by Dr. Robert R. Denny, published by the Des Moines Public Schools in Des Moines, Iowa in 1976.
This is a photo of the former Historical Buildiing taken in the fall of 2010. It is now known as the Ola Babcock Miller Building and houses Iowa Library Services/State Library of Iowa, the Iowa Ombudsman's Office and Iowa Legislative Services…
BISHOP HAYES RETIRES
In September of 1966, Bishop Ralph L. Hayes submitted" his
resignation to Pope Paul VI. The 82 year old prelate's tender
was accepted by the Holy Father on October 19. Thus Bishop
Hayes became the first Bishop to resign in…