This cement press resides in the barn on Tyden Farm number 6 along with other historical farm tools as part of an agricultural museum. The cement press was utilized
on the Tyden farms where concrete was used in many of the buildings.
This is a page from the collection "Bicentennial Reflections: History of Des Moines Public Schools, 1876-1976" by Dr. Robert R. Denny, published by the Des Moines Public Schools in Des Moines, Iowa in 1976.
James T. Crossen
Thomas E. Cusack
John M. Davies
Duane R. Diedrich
Robert J. Doyle
Robert J. Dreaper
Westbury, N. Y.
Early model McCormick-Deering tractors were originally painted gray with red wheels. In fact, all model 15-30’s and 22-36’s left the factory in these colors. On November 1, 1936, International Harvester discontinued the use of tractor gray moving…
This is a view taken in front of the old railroad tracks south of the Capitol in 2010. A small forested area replaces the once barren grounds and the Capitol. The hill above the trees is too tall for the Capitol to be seen past the trees.