Shown here is a tinted postcard of the Chapel and a glossy photo of the Rich Young Ruler Window in the Chapel. These two postcards show the chapel and a stained glass window in the chapel from Barhydt Chapel on the campus of Parsons College. The…
The present capitol building is Iowa's third since statehood in 1846. The first capitol building was located in Iowa City. Called Old Stone Capitol, the building served as the seat of state government for 16 years. The building continues to be used…
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: DAROLDJ. JOHNSON
ASSOCIATE EDITORS: ROBERTM. DITMON
JAMES F. MARTIN
PHOTOGRAPHERS: LES BELL, JOHN DEMME,
Clubs & Homecoming
This is a page from the collection "Bicentennial Reflections: History of Des Moines Public Schools, 1876-1976" by Dr. Robert R. Denny, published by the Des Moines Public Schools in Des Moines, Iowa in 1976.