State Library of Iowa
Copyright and Ownership
Welcome to the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Collection Development Policy
Digitization Resources for participants in the Iowa Heritage Digital Collections
Omeka Directions: Adding Items to Omeka
Steps to Participation
Dublin Core and Item Type Metadata descriptions
Required Dublin Core Fields for Items
Browse Items (2043 total)
Browse by Tag
Captains and Lieutenants, The University of Iowa, between 1910 and 1920
Car decorated for Mecca Day, The University of Iowa, 1916
Mecca Day was put on by the College of Engineers. The name Mecca derives from the first letters of the names of the engineerng departments: mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, and architectural. Mecca Day events included a parade highlighting…
Carleton Howard Jones, Navy, The University of Iowa, ca. 1918
Carroll, Iowa. CGW
Single story brick depot with cart and signal. "C&GW Depot, Carroll, Iowa 1917"--Caption on postcard.
Cary Club minutes, 1913-1916
Women's study club founded in 1878 in Marion, Iowa.
Cast of play, The University of Iowa, 1917
Catalpa tree, east lawn of Pentacrest, The University of Iowa, between 1915 and 1920
Old Capitol steps, background. Boulder, foreground, gift class of 1880.
Cavalry officer, The University of Iowa, between 1910 and 1920
Centennial (Iowa Avenue) Bridge, Iowa City, Iowa, between 1911 and 1915
View looking east. Named Centennial because built in 1876, west of Old Capitol. Metal truss bridge was replaced with concrete in 1916.
Characteristic mantles of mature erosion topography on the Iowan Drift Plain, Lawler, Iowa, late 1890s or early 1900s
Located 2 miles west of Lawler, Crane Creek, Stapleton Twp., T 95, N.R. 11, W section 7.